Faces of KNOW: Zoe Gallina
Zoe Gallina is the Vice President and Creative Director of Botanica International Design & Décor Studio and Style House Rentals, and one of our 2018 KNOW Tampa featuree. Her unique, creative perception and immaculate attention to detail have taken her across the country—including Canada—for event design production.
Zoe sets a high standard for experiential custom designs and has been in the industry since a young age through her family business. At eight-years-old, Zoe won a design competition hosted by the American Floral Society. This was a proud and defining moment in Zoe’s life, giving her the confidence and certainty that pursuing a career in floral design was her destined path. From that moment on, she continued the legacy her father built and has thrived in a leading role.
In addition, she contributes her design services to large charitable organizations and social events. Her clients fall in love with not only her charming designs, but also her kind-demeanor and devotion to her work.
Apart from her running her successful business, Zoe loves to cheer on her husband. He is the Director of Marketing for AMIkids, an incredible organization that provides life-changing programs for at-risk youth.
We asked Zoe to share FIVE FUN FACTS about herself in order to get to KNOW her better.
1. I was born in Rutherglen, Scotland but moved to the States when I was one year old, so I don’t have an accent! (My husband says he would have proposed to me years sooner if I had a Scottish accent!).
2. I secretly wish to become a Spin Instructor, however, I’m neither fit enough nor am I an avid “spinner.” I have no clue where this desire comes from, but it’s there!
3. I work with my Dad and my brother. I grew up saying I would NEVER work in my family’s business, but now I couldn’t imagine doing anything else.
4. I am the happiest when I am spending time with my husband, daughter, and little Cavapoo dog, Lulu.
5. One of my favorite memories growing up in our family business was my Dad picking my sister and I up from school in our old flower shop van—that just had a metal floor. He would let us sit in crates that they used for Flower deliveries!
To engage with Zoe, you can find her:
At her husband’s 50th Anniversary Gala for AMIkids on October 12, 2019. In addition, Zoe also has the unique opportunity to speak at a convention this September at the Ritz Carlton – Amelia Island on a panel representing the Society of American Florists.
To follow Zoe, find her on:
Instagram: @botanicadesign or check out www.botanicaflorist.com for more updates.
Zoe can be found on page 76 of our 2018 Tampa KNOW Book.