Faces of KNOW: Terrie Daniel
Faces of KNOW: Meet Terrie Daniel!
Terrie Daniel is the Assistant Vice President of Supplier Diversity at University of South Florida is the inaugural appropriate and is responsible for the development and direction of the University’s Supplier Diversity Program. She is also a 2019 KNOW Tampa Featuree!
Daniel, an expert in supplier diversity program development, has successfully developed a robust program for USF which yielded over $85+ million in utilization with diverse owned suppliers in the first 2 program calendar years.
Prior to joining the University of South Florida, Daniel was Deputy Commissioner of the Indiana Department of Administration, guided by Governor Mike Pence prior to his appointment as Vice President of the United States.
Daniel has an extensive background in project management and holds a Bachelor degree in Marketing from Ferris State University and as Masters in Compliance from Morgan State University. Daniel is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. and owns Sweet Confections, a small business specializing in hand-made gourmet confections.
Here are some of Terrie’s recent recent accolades or upcoming speaking engagements:
· Selected by the Tampa Bay Chamber for Leadership Tampa Class of 2020 – https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2019/08/12/exclusive-leadership-tampas-2020-class-of-50.html
· Selected by Onxy Magazine – 2018 Woman on the Move (Photo Attached) – http://www.onyxwotm.com/
· Upcoming speaking engagement – Florida State Minority Supplier Development Council – January 24, 2020, USF, 4202 E. Fowler Ave., MSC 3707, Tampa FL 33620, 9a.
Apart from work, Terrie loves to spend time with good company, good food, and good adventures.
We asked Terrie to share FIVE FUN FACTS about herself in order to get to KNOW her better:
1. Her bucket list includes: Parasailing! Which I achieved for my 50th birthday in Aruba!, Vacationing in the Maldive, Charter a Yacht for a week with 10 of my closest friends
2. She recently lost 50 pounds and has the goal to lose 40 more!
3. Her favorite pastimes include: spending time with family, dancing, and golfing.
4. She loves Listening to smooth jazz and reading a good book or magazine. The last 2 books I read was: The Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkinson and The Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell.
5. Her favorite food is crab, blackberries, and coconut pineapple pound cake!
We also asked Terrie to share what female empowerment means to her:
When I think of women’s empowerment, the thing that comes to mind is empowerment must first come from within. To walk in a state of empowerment, you must first be confident in who you are, and know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, who you were created to be. This will prepare you to walk in your destiny.
As an empowered woman, it’s important to never allow anyone else’s perception to define you. Hone in on the essence of who you are and use that to uplift and empower others who have been placed in your path. I love a quote I recently saw that says, “Be the woman who fixes another women’s crown without telling the world that it was crooked!” That is what women’s empowerment is all about!
To stay connected with Terrie, you can find her at:
Office of Supplier Diversity Business Empowerment Series – www.USF.edu/OSD for more information
USF Supplier Diversity Day – Fall 2020 (visit www.USF.edu/OSD for more information)
To engage with Terrie online, you can follow her at:
Twitter @USF, @USF_OSD, @tfdaniel
Facebook: USFOSD, Terrie Petty-Daniel, University of South Florida
Linked In: Terrie Daniel, University of South Florida
You can also find her on page 99 in Tampa Vol. 2!