Faces of KNOW: Lisa Henke & Barbara Bourland
Lisa Henke, NBC-HWC, and Dr. Barbara Bourland, MD, are co-founders of Integrative Wellness Solutions International (IWSI) and KNOW Tampa Vol. 1 Featurees. Their story, together, began in 1999.
Lisa, a nationally recognized medical sales rep, was hustling her way through life when Dr. Barbara, founder and medical director of Clearwater’s Susan Cheek Needler Breast Center, called her with the results of her biopsy report. Positive for breast cancer.
Through this new battle, the doctor and patient became best friends and partners in a new business endeavor. Together, they now lovingly serve those who desire optimized health as trusted advisors and coaches for lasting change.
Integrative Wellness Solutions International offers online and private education to bring clarity to your investigations. In a world where we’re thrown abundant and conflicting information on health, Lisa and Barbara are here to break you free from feeling overwhelmed or confused. If you have experienced frustration while attempting to implement a major lifestyle change, you will value the impact of ‘Take a Step Coaching.’ IWSI vets cutting-edge technology, seeking those proven to target the root cause of disease, aging poorly, and losing the enthusiasm for life.
Along with their impact on health, they love to adventure together and have many other accomplishments to applaud.
We asked Lisa & Barbara to share FIVE FUN FACTS about themselves in order to get to KNOW them better.
- 1. Almost 20 years later since Lisa was diagnosed in her early stage of Breast Cancer by Barbara, their friendship has grown through their mutual love for Jesus and a passion to help others reach optimal health and wellbeing.
- 2. They hiked the mountains of Liechtenstein together (while attending advanced training for BEMBER physical vascular therapy).
- 3. Barbara loves all things adventure—she’s jumped out of an airplane at 15,000 feet, walked on fire, and loves scary heights.
- 4. Lisa quit her job after she won the National Salesperson of the Year for a very large medical technology corporation.
- 5. Barbara founded the Komen Suncoast Race for the Cure 20 years ago. Lisa’s favorite role as a volunteer was to tie the pink ribbons to the palm trees lining the race course.
To engage with Lisa Henke & Barbara Bourland, you can find them:
On Facebook at www.facebook.com /groups/iwsipro and their website https://iwsipro.com/
To follow Lisa and Barbara, catch them on:
Lisa and Barbara can be found on page 62 of our 2018 KNOW Tampa Book.