Faces of KNOW: Erica Porter
Erica Porter is the VAE Raleigh Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors, SPARKcon Bobblehead, Lead Organizer for fashionSPARK and 2018 KNOW Raleigh featuree. Erica brings her lively personality, attention to detail, and desire to create quality for all VAE Raleigh.
Involved with VAE and SPARKcon since 2010, her extensive background in creative marketing, event planning, and social justice work, has led her to build communities of people who want to push the edges of creativity to influence authentic change.
When she’s not hanging around the arts scene, you can find Erica working as a community Liaison & Event Planner at Burkett Farm, where 100% of produce grown is donated to nonprofits in the Raleigh area. She uses her creativity at the Farm to bring people together from all walks of life around the importance of agriculture, farming, and fresh food. Erica also serves as the Secretary of the Wake County Board of Elections.
Through paying it forward, and helping lead a creative cultural arts organization, Erica loves to have fun, enjoy great food, and let her personality shine through her nail color.
We asked Erica to share FIVE FUN FACTS about herself in order to get to KNOW her better.
- 1. My favorite comfort food is Crawfish Etouffee!
- 2. I’ve been to culinary school and participated in a cooking competition on a cruise ship in the Bahamas where I won a silver medals.
- 3. My nails are usually a conversation piece thanks to fun designs by my girl H’Lan at Paintbase.
- 4. Everyone calls me Vanderpump, and think it’s my middle name, but it’s not. I just love Lisa Vanderpump!
- 5. I have rappelled down a 32-story building thanks to “Over the Edge,” a fundraiser for Special Olympics of NC.
To engage with Erica, you can find her:
At the Raleigh Municipal Elections on October 8th. (http.//www.wakegov.com/elections/info/Pages/nextelection.aspx)
To follow Erica Porter, catch her on:
Instagram: @vanderp, firstname.lastname@example.org, & https://vaeraleigh.org
Erica can be found on page 78 of our 2018 KNOW Raleigh Book.